Sunday, May 21, 2006

Back at School

So the long vacation has come to an end, and both Sinead and I are back to teaching. Its been tough getting back into the groove. I thought that my students, if not excited to see me, would at least be at the same level of comfortability with me that they were before I left. Instead they were as sullen and quiet as on the first day of school. I also forgot how tiring teaching was. Even without doing my afternoon computer classes I've been exhausted every day this week.

But on the other hand it does feel nice to get back to my flat and my village and see familiar faces. My principal has been very welcoming, bringing Sinead and I groundnuts and pumpkins (though this may be to make up for the fact that we haven't had water since we have been back). Sinead also has a new flat, which she shares with a Belgian volunteer, which is very luxurious compared to my place (it has hot water and a TV). Unfortunately since it is on the mission I can't spend so much time there (the nuns object to Sinead having a boyfriend apparently).

Next week we have a four day weekend, and my parents, sister, brother, and uncle are coming (which I'm very excited about) so really I am easing into the second term slowly. We are meeting my family in Etosha, where hopefully there will be even more wildlife as it is dryer now. Then they are coming up here to our sites for a week. Finally we are going to a lodge on the Kunene River before they head off to see more of Namibia.

3 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Ted said...

Hey Pete,

Man o man. It's going to be great to have the fam out isn't it? I wish I could visit too!

How's the beer out there?

-Ted

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter,

Estou a espera de outra visita em Portugal. Espero que esteja tudo a correr bem. Abraço forte,

Joao

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home