Sunday, July 23, 2006

A Big Party

Kids singing....
and traditional dancing (I think I could be good at this stuff when I turn 60)


This weekend we went to the inauguration of Mupewa Primary School, where another World Teach volunteer works. All in all it was a long day in the sun with lots of speeches, but the entertainment was great. The school's choir sang wonderfully, and the real highlight was the Iita Kadha Cultural Group, made up of about ten elderly men and women, all of whom wore pink skirts, who did some wild dancing. It involved blowing whistles and complicated moves where they would kneel down and then twirl around with their feet entertwined. This kind of thing makes me realize that there is a lot of culture here that I am missing out on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home